Address: 146 Halfway Street, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 8DF
  • Telephone: 020 8300 1680
  • Opening Times: Mon - Fri 8.00am - 6.30pm


Weekend and Night Cover

Patients are not benefited by tired doctors and we are therefore covered by the NHS 111 service from 6.30pm to 8.00am weekdays and Saturdays and Sundays.For urgent medical attention at these times please dial 111.

Calls to the NHS 111 service are free from both landlines and mobile phones. If you have a life threatening medical emergency please dial 999. 


What To Do In An Emergency

Call An Ambulance

Do not move the patient if:

  • You think there may be a back or neck injury or any other injury that could be made worse by movement
  • The person is in shock
  • The person has breathing problems
  • The person has severe chest pains

If the patient is seriously ill or injured:

  • Take the patient directly to the accident department of the nearest hospital

When to seek urgent medical attention:

  • Head injuries
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Severe bleeding, chest or stomach pains
  • Broken or dislocated bones
  • Choking

Recovery Postition

If the patient is unconscious but breathing

  • Turn them on their side
  • Check airway is open by lifting their chin and tilting the head back slightly

How to recognise severe chest pain or a heart attack:

  • Vice-like pain in the middle of the chest, often spreading down the left arm and jaw
  • Shortness of breath
  • Sudden faintness or giddiness
  • Grey pallor to the skin
  • Lips look blue

What to do if the pain does not ease:

  • Ring 999
  • Make the patient comfortable

How to recognise medical shock:

  • Patient becomes pale, sweaty, drowsy and confused

If conscious:

  • Seek urgent medical help
  • Reassure the patient
  • Do not give anything to eat or drink

If unconscious but breathing:

  • Place in recovery position


Apply large quantities of cold water to the affected area as soon as possible and maintain this until the pain subsides. This may take as long as 15 minutes! If the skin is unbroken but blistered, apply a loose, dry dressing. If the burn is larger than four or five inches in diameter or if the skin is broken, consult your doctor as soon as possible.